Medical Transport Program
Medical transportation available Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. through the Verona Health Department Transportation is available to Physicians, Dentists, Physio-therapy, medical appointments in the West Essex area including Mountainside and St. Barnabas Hospital.For appointment call Verona directly at 973-857-4800 (between 10 a.m. and 12 noon). For best availability please call at least 10 days before your appointment.The program is made available through grants from United Way of North Essex, and New Jersey Transit. Verona – Cedar Grove Medical Transportation is sponsored by the Verona Lions Club in cooperation with the Township of Verona and supported by the Cedar Grove Lions Club and the Township of Cedar Grove.
Cedar Grove Senior Bus Service
We accept Senior Citizens or the disabled Monday thru Friday with the following schedule:
|Tuesday||Foodtown & Kings|
|Wednesday||Rt 46 Farmers Market & Little Falls Shoprite & Fairway|
|Thursday||Foodtown & Kings|
|Friday||West Caldwell or Kohl’s/This & That (alternating)|
- Pick-ups starting at 9:15, drop offs by 1:00
- Interested parties need to call Joe Cafarella (973)239-1410 ext 0 between 8:30 & 9:00 on the morning they need to ride, leaving their name and address.
- We have the ability to handle (1) one wheelchair at a time. All other riders must be able to walk unaided unless assisted by an aid. Health aides are welcome.
- This service is curb to curb.For Questions contact Dee Riou (973)239-1410 ext 224
Essex County IDs:
- Resident – http://www.essexclerk.com/Services/18
- Senior – http://www.essexclerk.com/Services/19
- Youth – http://www.essexclerk.com/Services/20