Medical Transport Program
Medical transportation available Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. through the Verona Health Department
Transportation is available to Physicians, Dentists, Physio-therapy, medical appointments in the West Essex area including Mountainside and St. Barnabas Hospital. There is a fee of $3.00 in town and $5.00 out of town. There is a maximum distance served, so please call for details.
For appointment call Verona directly at 973-857-4800 (between 10 a.m. and 12 noon). For best availability please call at least 10 days before your appointment.
The program is made available through grants from United Way of North Essex, and New Jersey Transit. Verona – Cedar Grove Medical Transportation is sponsored by the Verona Lions Club in cooperation with the Township of Verona and supported by the Cedar Grove Lions Club and the Township of Cedar Grove.
Cedar Grove Senior Bus Service
Serving Senior Citizens or Those with Disabilities:
|Tuesday||Rt 46 Farmers Market & Little Falls Shoprite|
|Every Other Wednesday||Willowbrook Mall & Kohl’s|
|Thursday||Foodtown, Kings, CVS & In-Town Banking|
- Pick Up: 9:15am
- Drop Off: 1:00pm to 1:30pm (may vary)
- Interested parties need to call (973) 239-1410 ext 0 between 8:30am and 9:00am on the morning they need to ride, leaving their name and address.
- We have the ability to handle (1) one wheelchair at a time. All other riders must be able to walk unaided unless assisted by an aid. Health aides are welcome.
- This is curb to curb service. This schedule is subject to change if ridership does not reflect appropriate need.
- Contact Dee Riou at (973) 239-1410 ext 224 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Essex County IDs:
- Resident – http://www.essexclerk.com/Services/18
- Senior – http://www.essexclerk.com/Services/19
- Youth – http://www.essexclerk.com/Services/20